Wellllllll one of the problems with having an awesome class on Sunday nights is that I drink coffee too late, learn too much and get too excited, and then I DON’T WANT TO GO TO SLEEP I just want to stay up and have new ideas. So, here I am, writing to my friends instead of going to bed.
Here’s what happened in our little world, since my last post:
1. We skyped with Blaise and Olivia this week. It was so great to see them! I love seeing them married– they truly belong together. 😀
2. Sung has been hobbling along– I may have forgotten to mention (heh heh) that he sprained his ankle while we were at the trampoline park last weekend. What seemed ok to us, the doctor said required him to be on crutches for, like, a month. Ooops. Too bad we are supposed to run a race in a few weeks….
3. Sung attended a pre-separation briefing. (Don’t worry– this is separation from the military– NOT me!) Weekly, we continue to have serious talks about logistics, money, and the future. But still, there are so many pieces we don’t know. We are still trusting God and this week it has been so cool to see glimpses of what he is doing for us– without knowing what it is yet!
4. I invented the most awesome after school snack ever for myself using the foods we have in our refrigerator. It is: barley, cucumber kimchi, cheddar cheese, and a fried egg with a runny yoke. This would have never occurred to me if Sung hadn’t once prescribed me a kimchi and cheese sandwich when I wasn’t feeling well. This combination, my friends, is pure gold.
5. We had an awesome night with some great friends, Jim and Brooke, on Saturday. We went to see a theatrical presentation of C.S. Lewis’s The Screwtape Letters. It was fantastic and the conversation with Jim and Brooke, who we really admire, was even more fantastic!
Ok, I think the coffee is wearing off and it is time for bed. Once again, I apologize that I have no fun and inspiring pictures to leave you with. So, here is Oliver.